We have to do a Geography project using Google Maps and Blogger. I have chosen the subject Horse and Pony Breeds. I like horses and I think it is interesting how some of them have adapted to their surrounding climate and geographical area, how far across the world they have travelled or how important they can be to a local economy. Here's my map:
The breeds I chose are:
The Arab (Arabian Penisula), the Shagya Arab (Hungrary), the Anglo-Arab (Britian and France), the Shetland Pony (Shetland and Orkney Isles, Scotland), and the Baskir Pony (Ural Mountains, near Kazakhstan).
Terminoloy for those non horsey people:
hh - "hands high", how horses and ponies are measured. 1hand = 4inchs
Features - 'looks' that are specific to a breed
Pack - a horse/pony used to carry things like seaweed turf bricks or coal in baskets or bags across their back.
Harness - used to pull farm machinery like a plough.
Ride/Saddle - competition or leisure ride horses/ponies.
Transport - either used in the saddle, pull a sledge or coach.
Stallion - male horse/pony
Mare - female horse/pony
Stud book - a book where breeding Stallions and Mares are signed becuase they have the specific features to a breed, ensuring quality of breeds.
Hope you enjoy my project,
Roisin.P.


No comments:
Post a Comment